Episode 7: Getting Dressed When Life Feels Hard
In this episode of the podcast, I'm digging into getting dressed when life feels hard. I recorded this in week 4 of the stay at home orders issued during the U.S. Coronavirus pandemic so the topic felt especially fitting. This episode was originally created as a resource for women going through painful life experiences like breakups, job stress, IVF and infertility, loss and grief. Whether you’re dealing with a pandemic or a breakup, this episode is applicable to so many stressful life experiences. Getting dressed during any difficult seasons of life can feel more like a burden than a help, so today I want to offer some perspective on how to use your clothes as a form of self-care by sharing more about these seven actionable tips:
1. Create an internal awareness of when pajamas (or yoga pants) are self-care vs. self indulgence.
2. The importance of busting the #1 belief so many women fall into the trap of believing about their style when they're under stress.
3. How to use color and scent to change your mood during stressful times.
4. Rewrite views about your body and dressing your body that tend to arise during stressful times (positive and negative ones).
5. The easy, unexpected confidence boost that small upgrades to your wardrobe can provide during stressful times.
6. The value of finding a uniform or outfit formula that always works for you (especially when life gets stressful).
7. Why getting back into your body when you’re under stress using self-care and your morning routine is so powerful.
Resources Mentioned In This Podcast:
If you’re looking for resources on dressing your body type, here are my favorites:
Body type calculator:https://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html
Understanding how to dress your body type: Your Body, Your Style: Simple Tips for Dressing Your Body Type by Rani St. Pucchi
Episode 5 of The Self Styled Podcast: Tips For Dressing Your Body Shape: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tips-for-dressing-your-body-shape/id1493357441?i=1000468203930